We have many different ensembles at Wilkins.
Annual Wilkins Music Association fee $80 (covers music purchases, teacher training, equipment purchases) NB: If your child is in more than one ensemble, you only pay this fee once.
Annual instrument hire $200 (includes general maintenance and servicing)
Private tuition: approx $40 for a half hour lesson (once a week) please check with individual tutors.
Rock Band, Junior Strings and Concert Band: as these ensembles have been outsourced, they attract an additional fee of $10 per student per rehearsal to cover the cost of the ensemble directors.
|Clarinet and Saxophone
||Katie Sharpe||0412 855 229|
|Trumpet and Euphonium||Joe Lisk||0499 045 915|
|Guitar||Darrell Archer||0433 225 494|
|Flute||Samantha Cheng||0422 556 221|
|Drums||Luke Hennings||0455 497 136|
|French Horn||Lauren Patterson||0429 103 420|
|Violin||Julian Monasterio||0466 691 732|
|Moala Mackenzie||0403 243 545|
|Juliet Lochrin||0421 636 050|
|Piano||Melanie Herbert||0420 409 229|
|Abigail Hatherly||0412 357 833|
|Alex Magliveras||0424 607 106|
How to hire an instrument
Email email@example.com who will send you an invoice to pay the hire fee. Once you have paid the instrument will be delivered to your child at school.
Note: If you hire an instrument from the school your child must participate in an ensemble.
The instruments that are not available for hire include: guitar, piano, keyboard and drums.
Students should be encouraged to practice daily, for a minimum of 10 minutes, even on the weekends. Care should be taken to clean the instrument after each practice session. Please let Mr Olofsson know if your instrument is missing a cleaning cloth, polishing cloth, valve oil, cork grease, or a swab. Ask the tutor to demonstrate how to clean the instrument.
Problems with an instrument
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org ASAP and she will organise for the instrument to be repaired. Please do not try to fix instruments, it often causes more problems - just leave it to the experts!
- Senior Choir - Ms Mee and Mrs Kelly Bookallil
- Junior Choir - Mr Olofsson
- String Orchestra - Ms Lauren Olofsson
- Junior Strings - Ms Lauren Olofsson
- Concert Band - Mr Joe Gould
- Recorder Ensemble - Mr Kurt Olofsson
- Rock Band - Darrell Archer email@example.com
- Training Band - tba
Please email contacts at firstname.lastname@example.org
Wilkins Music Ensembles 2023
2023 Expressions of Interest have been sent to families.
Wilkins Public School is very fortunate to have a wide range of music ensemble opportunities available to its students. These include both instrumental and vocal ensembles.
While we are still awaiting responses from the EOIs, students are invited to join rehearsals. Information on students who need instruments is still being collated. We will attempt to get these to students as soon as possible.
- Senior Choir - Years 5-6, rehearsing in the Hall, Thursdays, 3.10 pm, with Ms Tanya Mee and Mrs Kelly Bookallil. First rehearsal TBA
- Junior Choir - Years 3-4, , rehearsing in the Music Room, Thursdays, 3.10 pm, with Mr Kurt Olofsson and Mrs Joanne Smyth. First rehearsal TBA.
- String Orchestra - for experienced string players, (violin, cello, viola, double bass), Years 4-6, rehearsing in the Hall, Wednesdays, 7.50 am, with Ms Lauren Olofsson. First rehearsal 15 February
- Junior Strings - for beginners and musicians wishing to consolidate their playing skills (violin, viola, cello, double bass), Years K-6, rehearsing in the Music Room, Thursdays, 7.50am, with Ms Lauren Olofsson. First rehearsal 23 February
- Concert Band - Years 3-6 by audition*, rehearsing in the Hall, Fridays, 7.50 am with Mr Joe Gould. First rehearsal and audition 17 February
- Recorder Ensemble - for recorder players with some experience, Years 3-6, , rehearsing in the Music Room, Tuesdays, 3.10 pm with Mr Kurt Olofsson. First rehearsal TBA
- Rock Bands - Years 3-6, Monday, Wednesday and Thursday, lunch time with Mr Darrell Archer.
- Training Band - for beginners and musicians wishing to consolidate their playing skills, Years 3-6 rehearsing in the Hall, Tuesday, 7.50 am with Ms Samantha Cheng. First rehearsal 21 February.